The Coalition's 24th Working Group meeting will take place in Nairobi, Kenya, a week before the 4th UN Environment Assembly (UNEA-4).
The meeting will cover the following topics, among others:
- Direction and strategies for the Coalition's initiatives in 2020 onwards
- A 2018 Short-Lived Climate Pollutant science update, together with the launch of the Coalition’s African Regional Assessment
- The agenda for the Coalition’s 2019 High Level Assembly, which will be held on the eve of the UN Secretary-General’s Climate Summit in New York City
- Planning for the Coalition’s “Action Programme to Address the 1.5 C Challenge” – launched at the 2018 High Level Assembly on the margins of COP24 in Poland
- Edits to the Coalition’s Framework Document, including a change to the duration of the Coalition’s mandate
The Working Group meeting will be followed by the Science Policy Dialogue on 9-10 March as part of UNEA-4.
Partners can find more information about the meeting on the Coalition's intranet.