The Working Group oversees the cooperative activities of the Coalition, and is the body in the Coalition making regular decisions on operational matters, for example approving entry of new Partners, approving initiative proposals and associated funding. See sections 4(b), 4(g) and 6 of the CCAC Framework Document.
Representatives of each Coalition Partner participate in meetings of the Working Group, at least twice per year. These meetings are an opportunity to enhance collaboration, move joint activities forward, and to formulate any recommendations to the High Level Assembly. For more information on participation see section 6 of the CCAC Guidelines & Rules of Engagement.
The Coalition does not have an observer status, however Working Group meetings are sometimes made open to Partners and any other stakeholders approved by decision of the Coalition. Interested parties are asked to approach the Secretariat.
Two Co-Chairs of the Working Group are elected by country Partners for staggered two-year terms. The current Co-Chairs are:
Dany Drouin - Director, International Affairs Branch, Environment and Climate Change Canada
Dany Drouin is a Director with the International Affairs Branch of Canada’s department of Environment and Climate Change, where his team is responsible for bilateral and multilateral climate change cooperation, such as Canada’s participation in the Climate and Clean and Coalition, and for overseeing policy and programming of Canada’s international investment related to climate change.
He previously served as Canada’s lead negotiator on climate finance leading to the adoption of the Paris Agreement. As an advisor to Canada’s Chief Negotiators and Ambassadors for Climate Change between 2008 and 2011, he worked with Provinces and Territories, the private sector, Indigenous organizations, civil society and academic.
He holds BA in Political Science from the University of Montreal and a MA in Environmental Sciences from the University of Quebec in Montreal.
Alice Akinyi Kaudia - Environment Secretary, Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources, Kenya
Dr. Alice Akinyi Kaudia is the first Environment Secretary for the government of Kenya; a position she has held since 2008. In her more than two-decade career, she has also served as a Technical Advisor on forestry curriculum development and community-based natural resources management in Zambia, and held various positions at the Kenya Forestry Research Institute.
As an advocate for climate action and poverty eradication in developing countries, Alice has various high-level international engagements in areas relevant to sustainable management of natural resources, climate change, and community development.
She is a member of the World Resources Forum Advisory Board; Co-Chair of the Global Green Growth Knowledge Platform; National Chair of the Global Green Growth Forum Kenya; and a member of UN Environment’s International Resources Panel Steering Committee.
- 17-20 April, 2018: 22nd Working Group meeting - Toronto, Canada
- 25-29 September, 2017: 21st Working Group & other meetings - Paris, France
- 25-27 April, 2017: Working Group and Science-Policy Dialogue - Santiago, Chile
- 12 November, 2016: Working Group, preparatory session for the 8th High Level Assembly - Marrakech, Morocco
- 20-21 September, 2016: 18th Working Group - Paris, France
- 28 March-1 April, 2016: Working Group, Global Methane Forum and Science Policy Dialogue - Washington DC, USA
- 7 December, 2015: Working Group Prepatory Meeting
- 24-25 February, 2015: Working Group - Kathmandu, Nepal
- 20-21 September: Working Group - Paris, France
- 16 - 17 July, 2014: Working Group - Paris, France
- 2-3 April, 2014: Working Group - Paris, France